This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Pre-requisite #1: Earn a relevant undergraduate degree (completed by June)
Pre-requisite #2: Language proficiency and sociocultural understanding of the language
- A proficient test score to demonstrate language fluency would meet the language and sociocultural requirements.
- If you believe you have an alternate pathway for consideration, please email a statement and a copy of your transcript to Professor LJ Randolph Jr. explaining your situation.
Pre-requisite #3: Achieve academic standards and qualification benchmarks
- earning a 3.0 GPA or above, or
- passing an approved examination, or
- providing adequate evidence through a portfolio, evaluated by a review team
- Complete UW Graduate School application Link to website
- Includes demographic data, statement of purpose, resume, 2 letters of recommendation, supplemental application, informal transcript
- More information found at “Step 1” on the “How to Apply” page
- Internal review of your application materials
- collating and validating information
- content base team review of application materials
- More information found in: “requirements for admission page-” including specific review team criteria
- Communication and commitment
- Program staff will reach out to you regarding your admission status after the review
- Candidates will have a limited time to accept the position
- Final admissions steps (including a formal transcript) will be necessary through the graduate school
- Register for classes in May
- Academic readiness
- This program is an intensive masters program and requires candidates to be capable of high academic expectations
- Connection to teaching
- Although previous experience is not required, candidates should have thoroughly examined their role and commitment to becoming a teacher.
- Philosophical match
- We believe in education for all children. We expect our candidates to value this perspective and be thoughtful and reflective about their own practice and room for growth.
- More information: including specific review team criteria